1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New member of the "Guys I'd like to take a swing at" All-Stars

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MertWindu, Jul 14, 2007.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

http://www.boston.com/ae/media/articles/2007/07/13/the_ladies_man/?page=full

Good lord. It's like a masshole version of JDV.

Shudder.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Aye me, it's a bad SNL skit come to life.

3. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Over 2 million served?

That's about 127.4 per day. Since he was born.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

"The basic message (of his books) is that, no matter what type of guy a girl thinks she likes, she really likes guys like Santagati."

Nice.

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

[blue]He's wrong. Not matter what kind of men women say they like, they really like sports writers![/blue]

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OK... Yeah, he is over the top. And yeah, the shtick is ridiculous, and I could see someone wanting to punch him in the face. But I just went to his website. This guy is not JDV. The major difference is that this guy has been getting women like crazy since he was in his teens because 1) he's a male model and 2) he definitely knows how to play the game. He's 43, he looks a bit like Richard Gere and he actually knows how to read situations and play women, unlike JDV who seems like he is the same guy all the time. I clicked on his TV appearances page: http://askstevessantagati.typepad.com/ask_steve_santagati/television_appearances/index.html to get a feel for what he is like in person, and I got sucked into watching the clip of him on Oprah (the one on top). He was telling women how to attract men and went around and practiced it with a woman. And there is nothing he was saying that isn't just common sense. He actually wasn't as obnoxious or full of himself as he came across in that newspaper article. The only difference between this guy and most men and women is that he knows how to play people and he knows how to read cues. Those are actually talents.

Draft saved Draft deleted