1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Media Producer - Atlanta Falcons

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by KJIM, May 7, 2010.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

From http://footballjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/r.cfm?i=29374

Department: Marketing

Reports To: Director of New Media

Work Location: Flowery Branch – Atlanta Falcons Team Headquarters

Overview:

The New Media Producer will be responsible for creating daily editorial content for the Atlantafalcons.com website and fulfilling other marketing goals, including ticket sales, sponsorship fulfillment and event promotion.

Responsibilities:

• Writing and publishing Falcons' and NFL-related articles, blog posts and features.

• Attending and reporting on all Falcons’ press conferences and media events.

• Providing coverage of all major annual events for the club's website, including the NFL Combine, NFL Draft, Mini Camps, OTAs and Training Camp.

• Executing the team's social media strategy, frequently interacting with fans on Twitter, Facebook, FalconsLife fan community and within article comments.

• Working closely with corporate sales department to execute online deliverables for Falcons' corporate partners.

• Assisting in the promotion of a wide variety of Falcons marketing initiatives.

• Interfacing with other departments to maintain and update specific site sections.

• Managing game day resources to deliver cutting-edge, compelling and comprehensive game day coverage.

• Reporting on player and organizational outreach efforts in the metro Atlanta community.

• Embracing change by leveraging existing and emerging technology to create efficiencies in work flow and value for our fans.

Required Skills:
    • Strong writing skills and experience reporting on professional sports.

• Impeccable organization and time management skills.

• Ability to work under strict deadline pressure.

• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience interfacing with high-profile athletes.

• Experience utilizing a web content management system or blogging platform, with exposure to HTML.

• Extensive understanding of Twitter and Facebook and experience utilizing them to interact and engage with customers or fans.

• Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends frequently throughout the year.

• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, video capture and editing, digital photography a plus.

Travel:

On team charter to all Falcons road games, the NFL Combine in Indianapolis and other conferences or seminars as determined annually on a case-by-case basis.

Employee Status: Full Time - includes Falcons benefits package

Note: This position was originally posted on the Atlanta Falcons employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Atlanta Falcons employment site.

Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:

1. Please list a URL(s) where we can view examples of your published work.
    2. Yes/No: Do you have experience producing content for a sports-related media website? Please describe the site, its audience and your role.
    3. In 50 words or less, what most attracts you to the Falcons' New Media Producer position?
    4. In 250 words or less, describe your most memorable experience attending or watching an NFL game.

2. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Is it just me or does it look like they want a cheap youngin' for this one?

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They're so behind. There's no 140-character reference.

4. CA_journo

CA_journo Member

4. In 250 words or less, describe your most memorable experience attending or watching an NFL game.

Unless they want to see concise writing style, why does this matter?

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They want someone who cares about football?

6. blahblah

blahblah New Member

I'll agree there. I'd be a little more curious about that requirement if it were, say, 500 words or longer, but I don't see anything wrong with asking for a shorter anecdote.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I applied. Maybe my young self can break through...eh.

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Does watching Michael Vick flip off the fans count as a favorite experience?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If somebody from SJ gets this job, I will buy you a beer or six at Six Feet Under.

10. danl214

danl214 Guest

This seems like it would be a really fun job. If I lived in Atlanta, I'd campaign hard to get this one. Good luck to those who applied for it.

11. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Any bar that overlooks an old cemetery is fine by me. And Ria's Bluebird next door has the best breakfast in town, for what that's worth. Drink all night at Six Feet Under and, if you don't end up across the street, you can eat off your hangover next door.

But yeah, this seems like a good gig for the right person, especially somebody looking to transition from the journalism biz.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I haven't been to the main one, just the one on 11th. But if the breakfast at Ria's is better than the brunch at Gilbert's, then I may die of overeating.

Draft saved Draft deleted