1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New lip gloss can prevent date rape

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by McPoyle, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Forget about the lip gloss, just get this stuff into the hands of college women asap.

Friend of mine is a police chief at a major university, he says these drugs are so prevalent and epidemic the girls don't have a chance. Scary stuff.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I *am* taking it up with the article. I was criticizing the headline in the thread about the article.

3. Yeah, cops rarely overstate "facts" to drive home agendas. I'm sure your pig of the day speaks for America. Nice. Thanks for stopping by.

4. And, 21, just what school in NYC are you referring to? And is that your cop friend, or did you meet him through Boom? Just want to, you know, actually have the facts before I take your word for it.

5. redwriter

redwriter Member

If it happens even 20 percent of the time 21 is claiming, it's STILL too frequent. Can't we agree on that without an attack? Seriously? Pig of the day?

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Red--You know when you're walking through the city and there's this guy who's always on the corner, wearing 16 coats and one shoe, ranting and babbling unintelligibly at everyone who goes by, and people are trying to navigate around him without getting too close because the smell can singe your eyelids, and you don't know whether to be sad or grossed out or ambivalent? Yeah. It's like that. Hold your nose and keep walking.

7. redwriter

redwriter Member

I can do that. I'm just wondering why Living chose to go that direction.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Can you blame him? If women can test for date rape drugs, he's going home alone.

9. redwriter

redwriter Member

Wow. Uhm, not sure I want to get in the middle of that one. Backing out as gracefully as I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.