1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Lexus LS that can parallel park itself

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stretch15, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Has anybody else seen the commercial for the new Lexus LS that shows the car parallel parking itself between two towers of crystal glasses?

The guy presses some button on a video screen console, takes his hands off the steering wheel, and the car backs up & parks in between the two towers.

It was amazing.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And this is why you don't use file footage in your ads without checking it out thoroughly.

3. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I need to watch more TV... Or, quit spending my money on booze and just buy one of those damn things. Hmm... I'll watch more TV.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Just don't let your foot get to far away from the Brake with this thing.

5. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Dude, this is Lexus we're talking about...they wouldn't put this thing into production if you had to keep your foot near the brake in case it didn't work.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If I ever had to take a driving test, I know what car I'm buying renting uhhh....

....borrowing from the publisher.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I think you still have to control the speed, i.e., gas and brake.

So you would have to have your foot next to the brake, right?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

But never your RIGHT foot. You always take it off the gas to brake.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

When they build the Lexus that FINDS its own parking space in downtown Boston, get back to me.

11. busdriver

busdriver Member

I think it is great I wish they would do that with our buses I get tired of watching all around for little things I would love a bus that backed it self up.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i just saw about eight commercials for this during the first half of the dolphins-packers game i'm watching. it looks incredible. but i noticed some fine print at the bottom that i was too lazy to rewind my TiVo to check out, so i'm not sure if this thing really parks itself.

Draft saved Draft deleted