1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New laptops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Aug 21, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've had mine for about 10 months, and nothing's gone wrong yet. So, I guess I'll just cross my fingers for a while.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Or, if you guys decide you don't want to throw it away, send it to me.

Nothing would make me happier than dropping a fucking Dell from a fucking rooftop. I'll send you the pictures. And the audio of me cackling like a madman.

Fuck Dell with Bea Arthur's dick.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

My suggestion is funner!

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm down with that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dude, you're thrashin' a Dell!

7. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Good thing you didn't ask me. I swear to God the piece of shit Toshiba I used to have was made by a pair of untrained apes. Thing died at least six times on me in various capacities.

But hey, enjoy.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

After a day of use, my only concern is that firefox is freezing on me on occasion. Is this because I'm on vista home premium? Is Mozilla not yet compatible with the new operating system?

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

Had a Sony Vaio for about five years. It was fine.

Two years ago, I upgraded, got an HP with a 17-inch screen. Love it.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

My personal laptop is one from a local shop, custom built. It's the one the kids beat up but always gets fixed in a hurry because of a lifetime, local service warranty.

My paper just bought a few hundred spiffy new Apple Powerbooks for pretty much everyone who might have a byline in the paper. I'll break it in next week at a college football game. It's the one the kids will never touch.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

The 15.4 inch screen is so nice compared to my old (only a year old, but still) 13 inch non-wide screen I had before.

The nice thing about the old laptop (and there aren't many nice things) was the tablet style. I had a pen that I could use on photoshop that made cutting things out very easy. However, the bads outweighed that good. It overheated daily. It died on me three weeks after I got it which wouldn't suck, but I had done my taxes the day before and they were all saved on it, which meant redoing them on my desktop.

I took a quiz today that said I live like I'm upper middle class. That's probably fairly accurate. Doc and I are a two cell phone, two decent vehicle, two laptop, two hd tv, two non-hd tv, one desktop family...for the two of us. Our lives are so communication driven that we can't be anything else.

We are probably products of our lifestyles growing up, though. My parents used to joke about our family having four of everything, but it's really not a joke. Has our society really gotten to the point that a 14-year-old needs a cell phone..or a digital camera...or their own computer? Are family computers not enough anymore?

In a week, I'll read this and say "I really should give up a bunch of stuff" but not right now...right now, I'm too enamored with the new laptop to want to give it up.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I've had pretty good experiences with Toshiba laptops.

Draft saved Draft deleted