1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New laptops

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spup1122, Aug 21, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Doc and I decided to upgrade our lives this week. Doc and I both got new LG chocolates...his in blue mint and mine in black cherry. We also got new laptops. I got a Toshiba and he a Sony Vaio.

Does anyone have experience with any of these products? Did we make the right choices?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Blue mint is an upgraded life? Geez, Doc...

3. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Ready. Fire. Aim.

Doesn't one generally do research <i>before</i> laying out 2 grand and change for a couple of laptops?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I've researched laptops a little bit. We researched the stuff involved, but we just knew the brands we didn't want. I've heard generally good things about Toshiba and Sony, but wanted to make sure from people who had a little more experience with them.

We knew we didn't want Gateway, Dell, Acer or Compaq. And we didn't spend two grand and change. Best Buy has their laptops on sale right now for Back to School folks.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I had a Sony Vaio about five years ago and really liked it, though it was heavy as hell -- probably not a problem any longer. The only issue, and this was after I'd had it several years, was with the slot where the power cord went it. Sometimes the computer wouldn't read it, which was apparently a rather common problem on that model. It would have cost too much to fix, so I just bought a Macbook instead.

Still, Sony makes very good stuff.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Do you have cybersex via IMs on your new laptops while sitting in the same room?

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We didn't even have cybersex when we were living nine hours apart.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So is that a yes or no?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's provably and demonstrably a no, you fucking pervs.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I just bought today a little $600 Toshiba with 160 gig hard drive and a gig of RAM so Mrs. t_b_f can putter around the house with it.

The FUCKING DELL is going in the trash.

Unless, that is, someone here wants it.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In all honesty, I have heard bad things about the chocolate phones. (No that won't lead to a punchline about melting in the pocket.)

HP is best manufacturer right now. I don't have much against Toshiba. Sony is a company I am not too fond of but that is more due to them emphasizing image and then charging more for having their name on it.

I'm not sure why Compaq would be on the shit-list. They were purchased by HP so what they are is HP.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've had a Sony Vaio for nearly four years and love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted