1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kobe Bryant book -- WTF?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, Jun 7, 2007.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Chuck,
    You seem like an intelligent 18 year old, and I always enjoy your posts, but you are very wrong with your assumption of Kobe's "innocence." If you read the court documents -- and I have -- you'll be physically sick at what went on in that Colorado room. And it wasn't her word against his. They described similar details; they differed in consent. She says she never gave it, he took it. While she agreed to let him touch part of her body, she fought hard to keep him away from another part (and I'm being as delicate as I can here, but you can probably figure it out.) And he violated that part anyway. There are hundreds of pages filed by dozens of investigators; those of us who investigated the case read almost all of the documents, and I don't know one person from that group who thinks Kobe didn't rape that girl. Whether it could be proven in court is different, given her reputation (which of course shouldn't matter, but would and did.) Both parties had reason to settle away from court. If you happen to get your hands on the court papers, you will never look at Kobe the same way.

2. bally

bally New Member

Whether he raped her or not I cant wait for this book to come out!I like Kobe and I think he's an amazing athlete.But sometimes people tend to replace athletisim with innocence,as they say..the truth always comes out in the end and I suspect this book might be just what was missing in the equation.And Kobe as much as i love your undeniably amazing talent-the rapists must be separated from the real players and shamed.Just because you're a star,dont mean you can get away with anything.Look at the deal with Paris Hilton?Lets read and concetrate on the facts people!

3. bally

bally New Member

Whether he raped her or not I cant wait for this book to come out(though court the evidence clearly shows he did without a doubt)!I like Kobe and I think he's an amazing athlete.But sometimes people tend to replace athletisim with innocence,as they say..the truth always comes out in the end and I suspect this book might be just what was missing in the equation.And Kobe as much as i love your undeniably amazing talent-the rapists must be separated from the real players and shamed.Just because you're a star,dont mean you can get away with anything.Look at the deal with Paris Hilton?Lets read and concetrate on the facts people!

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

5. chazp

chazp Active Member

Well played.

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Actually, I think the book is about Kobe beef.

7. Big Game

Big Game Member

You'll have to pardon me for being skeptical of the word of a girl, wearing panties already stained with the semen of three other men, who says she suddenly decided to keep her virtues and not have sex with a famous athlete.

8. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I deserve a newbie-delivered beer just for reading that.

9. bally

bally New Member

True.True.I hear u.I just browsed through the the www.kobe-rape.com book site,the book is actually by the word of kobe's ex bodyguard at the time.Wow,guys,call me nosy but i finally managed to get access to the online book and damn!!!-thats all I can say.This swiss dude's got a pretty valid point. Especially since he had first hand contact with kobe.

10. Big Game

Big Game Member

Good thing he's got nothing to gain by telling such a scandalous story or else I might have a little doubt as to the legitimacy of the book.

11. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

The book is starting to get some more media play. I've heard various radio outlets discussing the book.

The main 'news item' from the book is the accusation that Kobe told his bodyguard Kobe wanted the bodyguard to take out Faber (his rape accuser), permanently. And that the bodyguard was framed to take the heat off of Kobe when Kobe's PR was tanking.

With this, this alleged cell video of Kobe's rants, Kobe's recent radio tour and Kobe's continued insistence that he wants to be traded, I think his approval rating is lower than Bush's. Laker faithful are turning on him, even people that have seen him through everything so far.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Doesnt matter.. the discontent started with his feuding with Shaq, magnified during the rape non-trial, blew up during Shaq's last season in LA, and now it doesnt matter. The damage is done.

Draft saved Draft deleted