1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kobe Bryant book -- WTF?!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, Jun 7, 2007.

1. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

I just ran across this on the newswire. I don't know a thing about this book, never heard of it. If anyone else knows anything about this book, it's contents, its veracity, etc., please share it with us. Apparently it's an international publisher, which explains it's under-the-radar status here in the USA. This link is from a press release by the publisher:

http://www.kobe-rape.com/

I have no idea what conclusions the book reaches, I just wanted to put the link on here and if someone knows more they could save the rest of us some time. My first read on it is that it seems like some pumped-up hack stuff, but I don't know.

Thoughts?

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that if this were a legitimately good book, it would not use the Web address www.kobe-rape.com.

3. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Yeah, that does seem to be quite the tip-off. I have hardly looked at the site, but there are already some large red flags jumping out. One is the flat declaration that Kobe did rape the alleged victim. Maybe an internationally published book can avoid the potential lawsuits that a domestically-published tome would incur? I honestly don't know if that would spare the book potential slander lawsuits, etc.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll be ecstatic if the real details of the rape case get out... You'll never be able to look at Kobe the same way ever again...

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Boy, they're on top of things over there:

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

A book about Kobe called "WTF"? Must be written by his wife.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As opposed to now?

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll use the O.J. model: If I had raped her, here's how it would have been done.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

It's funny how EVERYONE is just assuming that Kobe raped her without knowing any facts. Defend the person who had 3 different semens on her panties(none of them were Kobe's).

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone surprised by the post above mine?

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Does anyboy ygive a shit about a Kobe book ... Other than Rok to rip him and Chuck to fellate him.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted