1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kevin Smith Q&A DVD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The funniest part of Clerks 2 was when Jay re-creates the scene from Silence of the Lambs.

I forget the song that goes with it, I think it's something by Bowie.

2. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The first two Q&As are amazing, absolutely amazing.

I enjoyed Jersey Girl, because I tried to forget Kevin Smith made it. If you are not expecting Jay & Silent Bob to show up any minute, it's pretty decent.

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye_Horses

4. WFW.

5. Notepad

Notepad Member

Kevin Smith still thinks Russ Grimm is getting the Steelers job.

Oh wait, wrong Kevin Smith.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I believe Smith even said that in his first Evening set.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jersey Girl is underrated, especially when you consider Smith hacked out most of Jennifer Lopez' part after the whole Bennifer saga.

Definitely not his best work, but not a horrible movie.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I saw it in the theater, and I bought it as soon as it came out on DVD. I've seen it about 10 times, I believe -- including watching the commentary.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The man is vastly overrated. I'll give him props for the original Clerks for sheer creativity, but the bigger the budget this man gets, the more of a hack he looks.

10. JCT89

JCT89 Active Member

I happened to be at his last Q&A and it's good stuff. Smith and I share a hometown and I must say he is one of the nicest guys in the world to meet. He's very funny, but also clearly a great filmmaker.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

You left out the best question, which turned out to be the first question on the first 'Evening With Kevin Smith':

Kid: "What's a nubian?"
    (laughter)
    Kevin Smith: "...Not for nothing, but I'LL do the fuckin' jokes around here."

12. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

I'm not sure about labeling him as "great," but I like a few of his things (Mallrats, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) in the same vein I like UHF and Spaceballs. Goofy little cult movies that become funnier as time passes and they age.

Draft saved Draft deleted