1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kevin Smith Q&A DVD

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

According to imdb.com, another's in the pipeline. "Kevin Smith: Sold Out" is in post-production, tho no release date is listed. Didn't find anything on Smith's many websites either. Any SportsJournalists.com Smith fans have the scoop on this? Loved the first two - the second more than the first - especially when he deals insider dirt. Stuff on Tim Burton, Prince and the Superman producer was funny shit.

2. Can't find anything on his site (regular or message board), but I have no doubt there will be a third one out.
    I too enjoyed the first two quite a bit and will likely buy the third whenever it comes out.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I will buy it because I am a slave to that man.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Anybody read his book?

5. Which one?
    I read "Silent Bob Speaks," which is a collection of his articles and such. It was pretty good.
    The new one, "My Boring-Ass Life," is a collection of his blog posts. I haven't read it, but I heard good things.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My Boring-Ass Life is the one I picked up recently.

7. I've read "Silent Bob Speaks"

Didn't know he had another one out. Looks like a trip to Barnes & Noble is in my future.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I read Speaks, too. I really liked it. Anything that gives me an in-depth look at how his mind works, I enjoy.

9. I asked this on antoher thread and never got a response.
    Do you listen to the SModcasts on his site?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sorry to leave you hanging. No, I don't. Usually when I've got the computer on, I'm either listening to music or watching television, so I don't think about listening to anything else.

Are they good?

11. Well, if you're a big Smith fan (and you obviously are), they're fantastic.
    There are 44 of them. The last one has been up for about two months because they working on the new movie.
    Most of the time, they are updated each Sunday night.
    You can find them on iTunes or on viewaskew.com.
    It's usually Smith and Mosier, but sometimes they will have Mewes, or Schwalbach (Smith's wife), Walt Flannigan, Bryan Johnson, etc.
    Really, it's an hour of Kevin and at least one of the special people in his life talking about what's going on their lives, or the news.
    It is often hilarious, sometimes informative, occasionally just stupid and vulgar, but never boring.
    I highly recommend it to anyone who likes Kevin's stuff.

12. thanks for the tip, demo

Draft saved Draft deleted