1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kanye West, 50 Cent CDs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a70308/kanye-west-and-50-cent-go-head-to-head.html

50 Cent and Kanye West are planning to have a presidential-style debate to promote the simultaneous releases of their new albums.

West reportedly initiated the challenge when he was on US radio station BET's 106 & Park after hosts Terrance J and Rosci suggested the hip-hop stars square off.

West's Graduation album and 50 Cent's new record Curtis are both scheduled for release on September 11.

Speaking on Yahoo Music TV, the 'Candy Shop' rapper accepted West's challenge.

The hip-hop star said: "I accept the challenge. Kanye, he's not going to want to show up. Just don't be asking me if I am a conscious rapper. I know exactly what I am saying - so I am conscious."

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I will purchase Kanye West's new CD, along with Common's new CD. I will not purchase 50 Cent's new CD.

That's all I got. Carry on.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Does BET have a radio station? Because 106 & Park is a TV show on Black Entertainment TELEVISION. Hence the BET.

That being said...I won't buy either CD. :(

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I will not buy either of these cd's. After the first listen, I really like Common's new cd.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I don't get Common. I know that makes me "low class" or whatever, but I don't.

I really liked Kanye's first, even liked his second. What I've heard of this one is garbage. And what's up with the moniker change? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've never bought a Kanye musical item. I will now after seeing that he produced Common's new CD, which is a thousand grand slams in the same inning.

50 Cent? Eh, who cares, although I do buy Vitamin Water.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

They postponed 50 Cent's album due to a lack of club hits, that is why he came up with that new song "Ayo" with Justin Timberlake. Kanye should come out with a good CD again. I like his new song "Stronger" and of what I can tell, the production looks solid.

8. Songbird

"Finding Forever" is dynamite.

9. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Kanye is greatness. I haven't heard anything about the new album but I love the first two.

"Throw your diamonds in the sky"

10. Zach Galifianakis is in an alternative version of a video for a song on Graduation that I think may be a single they'll try to push. It was filmed in western NC, on Zach's farm. Odd but funny ...
    http://www.kanyewest.com/?content=video_cant_tell_alt

11. I am excited for Kanye. The bits I have gotten in advance seem pretty good and I like the new single.

I would normally pick up the 50, but I absolutely despised The Massacre. What an awful follow up to a very solid first (mainstream) album. I don't think I'll be getting that one.

As for the new Common, I like it fine. But I'm just not feelin' it like I usually do. It's much more mellow than some of his past outings. Not bad mellow, just different. I still like the T.I. album best among the summer releases.

12. Songbird

Was Common's last CD called "Be"? I think it was. I bought it and, well, nothing.

I'm critical about music, and "Finding Forever" is everything I want in a complete album. I mean, shit, the last song is genius. I can (and did) listen to it for 3-plus hours in a row because I couldn't get enough of it.

The fact Kanye produced it makes me want to buy something by him now.

Draft saved Draft deleted