1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kanye anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by prezclinton, Nov 24, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, I've given 30 seconds to each song. And I'll say this:

Kanye as a rapper is good. Kanye as a singer...is not.

I'll pass.

EDIT: DAMN YOU COSMO!!!

2. Hmm...didn't know he was dropping a rap album as well. Not a fan of the R&B synth-type album. He's talented for sure, but why can't these guys stick to their genre. I guess to show they're versatile? Since the quality of hip-hop has hit the shits the past few years, I want the few great ones who are out there focusing on making quality hip-hop albums.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

His mother died (and if you have heard "Hey Mama" you know how much he meant to her) and he broke it off with his ex-fiance. I heard he wanted to experiment after this very emotional time, went in the studio, and thought Auto-Tunes was fun once he tried it. So he decided to make an entire album with zero rapping (from him, there are a few guests like Lil Wayne).

I completely agree with you. Hip-hop is in a poor state right now, and it doesn't help when it's premier talent makes experimental albums. This is not bad by any means, but not up to his standard.

I have heard of a Kanye rap album in April or May.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My bad, I even bought John Legend last month. I meant Ludacris.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The world needs more MF Doom.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Zapp and Roger is a sound that will never go out of style, if you don't own that your R&B collection isn't complete.

As for the new Kanye. I liked Love Lockdown but after hearing some other stuff on Itunes, nope. I'll keep John Legend and Ne-Yo in my R&B rotation.

Draft saved Draft deleted