1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Kanye anyone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by prezclinton, Nov 24, 2008.

1. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Sounds like an R&B synth album. Not digging it so far. I liked the two singles, but the rest of the album hasn't done it for me.

It's on his myspace if you want to listen.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I've listened to every track. I think it's fantastic. Better than Graduation, on par with Late Registration. I don't think he'll ever top College Dropout, though.

3. prezclinton

It's starting to grow on me. Kind of a Postal Service-y feel to it.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Ehhh. 808s and Heartbreak is alright. Nothing great. The T-Pain sound isn't really my favorite. I couldn't compare this record to his first two albums, two of the best modern rap records. And Graduation was better too. I'll give him credit for trying something new, but I don't want him doing this on a regular basis. His beats are limited on this as well, instead of the sprawling, lush beats on his other albums.

I heard his new rap album drops in the spring and I'll be lined up for that one.

5. Hate him, and this is not negotiable.

6. prezclinton

Then comment on a different thread.

7. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Can't say I've heard much Kanye, but the Washington Post orgasms all over it today ("an album so exquisite, so assured, it threatens to invent an entirely new strand of urban pop music").

http://tinyurl.com/6kdz3v

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This CD -- and the new John Legend, for that matter -- both come out tomorrow, right?

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Didn't the Legend come out last month? I haven't even shopped for music in so long.

I'm going to go sample Kanye on iTunes. It's up for purchase on there.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, Heartless sounds like the beat from "Bossy" by Kelis, which is probably the beat from some other song.

I REALLY hate T-Pain. I wis this sounded more Zapp and Roger to me than T-Pain, but it doesn't. Yikes.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's a better producer.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've been told this record is a lot of Kanye singing. He's not even that strong of a rapper. He shouldn't be singing. His strength are in his beats, his production and his collabs with people like Mos Def, Talib and Common.

I'll pass. Not a big fan of the songs I've heard on the radio.

Draft saved Draft deleted