1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New JFK assassination book

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Gold

Gold Active Member

The Italian-made rifle was a piece of junk, and firing three shots with THAT rifle in 5.6 seconds is difficult. In addition to the Zapruter (?sp) film, there were also other films of the assassination. Kennedy's head snaps back and his brain matter went backward and toward the middle of the car. Jackie tried to hold his head, and then we remember Clint Hill jumping on the back of the limo. Even if it is possible for his head to go forward and then snap back (the other shot was a throat wound), the more likely answer is that he went backward because he was shot from the grassy knoll. I saw that spot in Dallas, and it is closer than the Book Depository.

The only report that only three shots were fired was the Warren Commission. There may have been four or five shots.

As for Bugliosi, he wrote a book on the OJ Simpson trial and asked another author (I think it was Jeffrey Toobin) for a copy of the transcript. He starts a book without having the transcript, for crying out loud! The book was over 900 pages by someone who had never mentioned an interest in the case during the 20th century. Bugliosi made his reputation with the conviction of Charles Manson. While that was a really strange thing and scary, Bugliosi had the testimony of one of the Manson female group members who, while she did some illegal things, told Manson that she couldn't kill people. He has lived off that for 40 years just like Geraldo Rivera lived off the Willowbrook mental institution story and never did anything worthwhile since.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It was a 6.5mm rifle. Is that the equivilant of a .22?

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

7.52 mm is a .308 cal, so a 6.5 mm is in the high 20s, closer to .30 than .22.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Gold, it's only my opinion, I realize, but this is... golden. Thank you.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

One thing that people always forget is that the clock doesn't really start running until first shot is completed, so it's only two more shots in the 5.6 seconds.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Those who cleaned the interior of the car at Parkland Hospital (should not have been done, as it was a crime scene) have stated there was considerable blood and other brain matter in the front driver's side of the auto, consistent with a shot from behind. I believe the Connolly's were also covered with Kennedy particulate matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted