1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New jerseys for the NHL (and New Jersey)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alanpagerules, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Aren't these jerseys similar to what the players wore in the Olympics last year. I believe Nike made those, but what else will be different besides the label?

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

From the sounds of it, it's really only the silhouette that will be similar. Some teams, like Dallas, may have to alter their actual designs so as to accomodate for the tighter fit. But for the most part, it's just less billowing, more form-fitting.

Irish, what had you heard about the Bruins? I know Paul Lukas had a reader's photoshopped submission on his column yesterday, and holy God, I nearly had a heart attack. But from what I can tell, that's not actually supposed to happen in 07/08.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Nothing specific about the B's, just vague talk of "a change." Where's the photoshopped reader submission? I looked but couldn't find it.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Weren't the Bruins going back to the lighter color B for their jerseys?

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I always thought the gold "B" logo looked better than the black "B" logo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Note the new, improved, pissed-off version of Winnie the Pooh on the back of the new logo B's cap. ::)

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The new sweaters:

[​IMG]

There was nothing wrong with the old ones, but fucking Bettman wants to fucking NBA-ize fucking hockey. He and his cronies have ripped all of the emotion and hitting out of the goddamn game. The players might as well look like fucking idiots.

Look at the sweaters! They're all the same! The pants, too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Doesn't Nashville have a pretty good turnout?

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Funny you should pick teams with similar color patterns, and put the Coyotes in twice. I am holding judgement until I see all the new jerseys.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you could bottle that scent, though, imagine the retail possibilites -- air "fresheners" to dangle from the rearview mirror of your pickup truck, colognes and body sprays (to convince your SO that you were at hockey when you were actually with your other SO), a new brand of Febreze when you want your rec room to have that authentic dressing room atmosphere.

10. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I've totally grown to love that smell. I feel a real sense of pride when people around me at the rink start getting grossed out, and I just go on with my interview.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They've made all these improvements to equipment and uniforms but they still can't do anything about the smell.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I kind of like the new style. The question is is Bettman being penny wise here since, perhaps, larger folks won't be buying these because they're not as forgiving as the current brand of jersey?

Oh, and in the realm of logo changes for next year, I think the Blue Jackets are going to the Ohio flag one full time and scrapping the CBJ, which is sad to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted