1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jersey traffic jam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is absurd.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Enlighten me. Please.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

How about we stay in the lane?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How about you just lock it up like you usually do and be consistent.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We're merging 4 into 1 because of a traffic study, so it might take a while.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

How about you get off my red ass. You wanted a little bit of rope with this, you're getting it. Don't hang yourself.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Dick Tuck salted the room with "Nixon Now!" signs.

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Discussing how the N.J. media covers governors seems pretty relevant to the thread topic. It's definitely relevant to some of the accusations being thrown out.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A Chris Christie appointee’s comment about the George Washington Bridge’s lane closings affecting school buses with children of supporters of their Democratic opponent reminds New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman of the deadly conflict between Muslims in the Middle East.

“The first thing that came to my mind is that’s exactly how Sunnis would talk about Shiites or Shiites would talk about Sunnis in Baghdad or Beirut,” he said on Morning Joe. He noted that the Lebanese civil war started as a result of a school bus being shot up.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/367964/friedman-bridge-closure-akin-shiite-sunni-conflict-andrew-johnson

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Seems like it would be more appropriate for Obama to do that given the similarities between their administrations.

11. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Dick Tuck. Now that's a name I haven't thought of in a long, long time. The best Tuck story I can recall is Nixon speaking in some city's Chinatown. He arranged for attendees behind Nixon to hold up signs in Chinese asking, "What about the Hughes loan?"

Off topic, I know, but one of Nixon's younger brothers had taken the loan from HH, in part, to try to start Nixonburger drive-in restaurant franchises.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was Dick Tuck who issued the immortal concession speech when wasn't elected Mayor of Aspen "The people have spoken. The bastards!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.