1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jersey traffic jam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I want to be clear about this:

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They all knew he ordered it, they just couldn't tell you.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Do we know he was sitting? Could have been in any number of positions.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The other question, I think, will be if this this what they do to their enemies, what did they do for their friends?

If they can find a money trail that connects, say, extra Sandy money going to supporters that would be huge.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

one of the depositions stated he was sitting while talking to a congressmen.

6. YankeeFan

For what should be a tough press kind of situation, it's pretty laughable.

Everyone was "shocked" that McGreevey was gay.

Cory Booker owned a couple of broken down houses in Newark, that he didn't appear to live in.

Jon Corzine was sleeping with a union official.

But, hey, they never lost "access".

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

There are all sorts of ways to punish political enemies, and lord knows seeing Michael Madigan, speaker of the house and true king of Illinois, at work has taught me all the ways you can do it. The problem here is that the punishment was so public. Holding back $160,000 from Rutgers is one thing. Blowing up traffic in the Tri-State area is another. The former hurts people, but the latter hurts people with them knowing it.

Actually, I blame the traffic snarls in the Tri-State area on this staff member and his Lane-Closeinator.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I really would like to know why the crews who are responsible for the operation of the bridge simply didn't say, "Unless there's a safety issue with these lanes, they're staying open."

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Because they would like to keep their jobs. And because they had no idea why they had to close the lanes. They just got the order to do it.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

No one was shocked that McGreevey announced that he was gay. And Corzine's relationship was pretty open.

I think that Booker got a pass when he stopped living in the housing project (I believe he lived a lot in NYC before he was elected), although my understanding is that as mayor, he was living in Newark.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if someone just said "terrorist threat" somewhere along the way and everybody just hopped to it.

12. YankeeFan

I used to cross the GWB a lot.

One of the entrance ramps in Ft. Lee put's you right on to the bridge. So, if you're a regular, and know the shortcuts, you can save a lot of time, ans skip a lot of traffic by using it.

I could definitely see how closing those entrances would fuck Ft. Lee, as thousands of people would be heading towards them, having no idea they were closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.