1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jersey traffic jam

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I agree to a certain extent.

However, this was his deputy chief of staff. I'm pretty sure she'd have direct access.

The others were direct appointees, weren't they? They'd have direct access too.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Fort Lee" as written by Jeff Edelstein of The Trentonian, and performed by a feller named Bris.

http://www.trentonian.com/opinion/20140110/jeff-edelstein-chris-christie-bridgegate-and-bruce-springsteen-a-musical-tribute

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Wasn't that the issue with Christine Lategano

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I note once again how a political thread that makes a GOPer look bad is now on its sixth page and more than 30 hours old.

Yet a thread about a study that showed the health plans offered by Wal-mart are less expensive and offer better coverage than the plans offered by Obamacare was taken down almost immediately.

What's good for the goose is good for only the goose.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's OK, Christie isn't a real Republican.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought so, too. Then I saw how the mainstream media was blowing this story up and I figured they were just way behind the curve.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

What did West Virginia do to piss off Chris Christie?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/chemical-spill-into-wva-river-spurs-closures-run-on-bottled-water/2014/01/10/a6ec518a-7a0e-11e3-b1c5-739e63e9c9a7_story.html

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is a thread about a traffic jam.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I started a thread titled Heathcare.gov that I thought would be
    a good resource but I see that red ass mile high has promptly
    taken it down.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You know, tony, you're right. And maybe Boom is too with his name-calling; I had no idea I had that label around here, but being it came from the board's resident provocateur, such tactics do not surprise me or anyone else.

So, what's fair is fair. I mean, we're displaying a bias here keeping this thread alive because Christie is a Republican and other threads have been locked because, well, that's against Democrats and we just can't have that.

So despite the civil discourse that has been mostly displayed except from the usual suspect, we'll lock it up. What's fair is fair, right Boom and Tony?

If Moddy or the others want to overrule this red ass, that's fine with me.

Otherwise Boom, go do what Ron Burgundy says about San Diego.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Naw, red ass, you made the right call as you've done every time I've seen you make a call.
    Your red ass is all right with me and now we have a new nickname for you!

Lasted a little longer than I thought it would. Most of our members can handle such things and I speak for all of us when I say how much we appreciate that. A couple clearly can't and maybe when your red ass cools off we can convene another white-smoke moderator meeting and come up with some solutions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.