1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Jersey abolishes death penalty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 17, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Re: New Jeresey abolishes death penalty

I didn't realise they didn't have self serve in New Jersey until HC & I were down at the last NYC outing. Couldn't figure out why some Sopranos-looking due was screwing around with my gas cap.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm going to put something out here for you to think about:

Let's say you have a 7-year-old daughter. Let's say Jesse Timmendequas abducted your daughter. Let's say he took her clothes off and got an erection and stuck his penis in your 7-year-old daughter's vagina and animalistically raped her 7 ways till Sunday, until he ejaculated in her. Let's then say he strangled your cum-filled 7-year-old daughter dead. Too bad you didn't get to see your raped 7-year-old daughter's face when it turned blue and she gasped her last breath and died -- because he did, and probably loved every second of it.

Oh, yeah, and then let's say Timmendequas stuck his erect dick in your 7-year-old daughter's cum-filled vagina and fucked her WHEN SHE WAS DEAD. And who knows if he went anal on her, too.

So yeah, your daughter was raped, and killed, and raped again.

You're telling me you want this man to live?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sopranos looking dude?
    Most of the guys who pump my gas are the kind that would scare the hell out of Hondo!

Ragu, I wold never call you an idiot. But DO NOT ever tip a gas station attendant. If he weren't pumping my gas, what the fuck would he be doing to earn his money?

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Rhymes with 'heresy.'

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Typo in title fixed.

And I still ain't pumping no fucking gas.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And for Songbird:

I take my position on the real world death penalty from the story tips I've learned as a writer of fiction - from other, much better writers of fiction:

If you really want to punish a character, let him live.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Let me think on that, and get back to ya...

(Seriously, yeah. Killing him is not changing what he did to my daughter. It is not going to save me one moment of grief or make me feel one bit better about any of it. My life is destroyed either way. If anything, I can at least look at myself in the mirror knowing I am not the animal he is. I don't advocate killing other people).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. spnited

spnited Active Member

And to answer Xan, if I know Jesse Timmendequas is spending the rest of his life in a 6X8 cell, I'd be OK.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Losers whine about typos. Joe Mauer pumps his own gas, then goes home and fucks Miss America.

10. Songbird

You think Timmendequas cares that we're letting him live?

You think he's going stir crazy in the madness of his mind? I think he replays the rape/kill/rape scene in his head every day, and uses it as kitten-killer fodder every single time.

And Ragu, you wouldn't feel one iota of a closure I believe you would need to feel as the parent of said 7-year-old (i.e. Kanka) knowing that the animal who did what he did is dead? Read some of Mr. Kanka's quotes. They're devastatingly heartbreaking. Until Timmendequas is dead, Mr. and Mrs. Kanka will be tortured every single minute, because Megan is dead, and her rapist/killer is still alive, eating 3 meals a day, warm in jail, and now spared the needle of death.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Killing him just sets him free.

12. Songbird

And killing him sets Mr. and Mrs. Kanka free again.

Draft saved Draft deleted