1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New JDV vids - My modified competition package M3!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: New JDV vids - Chris Benoit murder/suicide & Rome is Burning comments

Sorry markvid, going to respond just this once to make this comment.

This guy must make a ton of money in order to get all these different women to pose with him. That HAS to be the ONLY way those women would subject themselves to being that close to him.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Maybe changing the title to "Running JDV vid thread" or something would be a solution?

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I thought we had one and it got locked a day later.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

But wait, I thought Whitlock was the only person who was important enough to get his own thread.

5. Mmac

Mmac Guest

This JDV "situation" is starting to remind me of what went on with Whitlock. I could see why some disliked Whitlock, but never got why they seemed SO offended by his very presence here. And I can see why JDV comes across as ridiculous to many, but don't see why that generates such intense hostility.

It's not like he's hogging the board, he never seems to have more than 1 thread up at a time, and nobody's got a gun to their head being forced to click on that thread. Personally, I find the shit posted by (he who shall remain nameless) to be more disruptive and annoying than JDV's act, which I mostly just find to be weird and sometimes bizarrely amusing (like Zag, I wondered at the beginning if it might be someone trying to do a Borat-inspired caricature).

Plus, I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to people who show me women in bikinis on boats. My proposal: keep his stuff on one thread, those who don't like it don't click on it. Problem solved.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I think what turned people off from Whitlock was his, hey, I'm at this event, hey, I met this person, hey, I'm hanging out with so-and-so.
    And that's what we get with JDV. And John, you know I'm right on this one, it's not an attack.
    When a thread turns into the personal exploits, look-at-me stuff, I think the attitude and tolerance of us turns on a dime.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Very well said markvid. If his vids had something interesting to introduce to the board, and he had some kind of credentials to speakon the topics he does, then it wouldn't be so bad. But he is bascially posting his vacation videos, bragging about the hot women (paid or not) that he hangs out with and going to see the Goo Goo Dolls (who haven't been relevant in about seven years.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Personally I think JDV is rather harmless and frankly his ego is rather amusing so I enjoy reading these threads. By the same token, I can see why he gets under people's skin because, like Whitlock, his sense of self importance is way out of whack with his actual lot in this world.

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Whitlock is journalism. This is a journalists' board.

The tests haven't come back to yet to determine what JDV is.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

But when Jason starts threads about being on the set of the Wire....

That's journalism?

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

And this thread was ignored for so long and fell off the first page. People were showing such restraint. But now? Sigh.

12. Re: New JDV vids - Chris Benoit murder/suicide & Rome is Burning comments

If I was on the set of the wire, I'd post it. Doesn't mean I'm not a journalist.

Where is Whitlock anyway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.