1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New iPods

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gomer, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

New video-enabled Nano, 160 gb version of what they're calling the iPod Classic (basically the video iPod) and...

iPod Touch, the iPhone without a phone. Wireless internet, touch screen controls.

I'm buying one today.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

You'll have a hard time finding a bigger Apple fan than me, but... meh.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/09/04/livecoverage/index.php

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Not impressed with the 16 GB memory on the touch iPod. I wanted at least 30.

But the ability to buy stuff straight from your iPod is fantastic.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not impressed with the 16 gig memory either. But I want that 160 gig "classic" iPod.

(Of course, I've not even filled my 20 gig iPod yet.)

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Unimpressed. The 160 gig is cool... but 16 gig for the iPod Touch? Not a chance.

I have 60+ gigs of stuff on my 80 gig iPod as it is. A 16 gig iPod is useless to me.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Yeah, upon talking this over with my wife I've decided I don't want any of these.

I've got about 60 GB of stuff and don't feel I'll need 160 GB. If the fifth-gen 80 GB goes on sale I'll get that, since I don't care if I have Cover Flow (the only real difference between the previous iPod and the new Classic).

In a year they'll come out with a 30 GB iPod Touch. A year too late for myself and many others.

BTW, the reason they couldn't do more than 16 GB is because it's not a hard drive. It's flash memory. At the moment the technology hasn't made any bigger than 16 GB available to the masses.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've got an old, 10 GB iPod and would like to get a new one at some point, since it's not big enough. I love the look of the Touch, but only 6 GB of extra space is not enough for me to justify the upgrade to a new one. Bummer. I was all excited until I read the details.

8. Mira

Mira Member

I have the 30G IPod with video and love it. Granted, I don't use the video much, but the display is crisp.

The sound quality is supreme. I highly recommend purchasing the Bose earbuds. They rock. The ones IPod provides with the device stink.

I went to an Apple store to check out the IPhones and they're sweet, but not cheap.

No, I don't work at Apple. :D

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I have a 30G iPod and love it too (6500+ songs and counting). Never use the video but Christ, can't they make the battery bigger? I get 75-90 songs in and I have to recharge it.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have a 60G video iPod and it's never been even close to half full and that's with about 700 CDs, 10 movies and about 20 episodes of South Park on there...

My laptop is only 80G. Why would anyone need 160G?

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I love MST3K. Just wanted to say...

12. I've owned one iPod ever, the first shuffle. I may have to actually get a proper one for Christmas, so at least there are lots of options to stew over.

Draft saved Draft deleted