1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Hurricane Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Early death toll is three -- mother and child when a tree fell on their house and another when downed trees blocked responders from reaching woman with medical emergency

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

3. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

To be fair, a lot of newspapers are in all-hands-on-deck mode in essence to be a dumb ass out there filming it (or reporting on it)

4. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

It's all about the

C O N T E N T

5. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Someone's gotta do it.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"That second broad woulda croaked anyway and shouldn't count against my death toll!" barked President Donald J. Trump.

Slacker and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

To be fair, the two in the background did not seem to be nerds.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There was also an elderly man who was electrocuted when he plugged together two extension cords while out in the rain.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The thing is that this is 80% of beach real estate. When an area has not taken a direct hit in twenty or thirty years people start to get the "It never happens here" thing going. Developers build on anything as big as a sand bar to cash in. Rich people buy those homes because they have wonderful beach views and access, and besides they can afford the insurance. Eventually one of these comes ashore and kicks hell out of a bunch of sand castles and people get a very direct reminder.

If I ever own a beach house it will be a basic frame structure sitting on fifteen foot stilts. I'm not likely to ever do it though.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Topsail is on a list of five locales I put on a list of places I'd consider living now that I can live anywhere. Still on that list, I love it there so much. But this kind of thing does give you cause for pause

Draft saved Draft deleted