1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New house blues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hustle, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Towed out of a residential neighborhood? WTF?

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Our place has a garage and enough of a driveway to fit one car in there. Across the street (more like a 1.5-lane access road) there are unmarked spaces for a first-come, first-served basis. But apparently you need a permit to park there.

My wife recalled reading this in the HOA manual (which I didn't get to), so I parked there last night. She thought she would be home well before me and asked for the garage door opener; as it turned out, she had three gatherings to go to and I beat her home by 30 minutes or so.

I didn't think it was going to be big deal. But I guess it was (though it could have been a bigger deal, I suppose). It was my fault, there's really no other person to blame; I'm sure my wife would've agreed, because it seemed like she was really ready to throttle me for a while. I worry considerably when I sense such silent seething.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Did she TELL you you couldn't park there? If it's unmarked, and she never let you see the book, there's nothing you could do.

Let her seethe. And I love Mrs. Hustle. You know that. But seriously? Deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted