1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New HOF debate: Boston Celtics' Big 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Garnett -- not top 15 all-time, but probably top 30. And that's a dead-bang Hall of Famer.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Wait, what? Garnett is a fake tough guy? But he's loading up the pump, he's got a couple joints with some silencers on them ...

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I don't know. That late 90s Pacers team was pretty loaded. People forget how good Rik Smits was when he was healthy, which wasn't often, but still. Pacers almost always ran offense through him first, not Miller. I covered the Pacers back in those days and there were nights when Smits just dominated teams.

They had guys like Chris Mullin, Sam Perkins, Jalen Rose, Mark Jackson, etc. Not superstars, but not slouches either.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Before 2008, I would've said only Garnett deserves in. I think that title tips the scale in Pierce's and Allen's favor. If Allen doesn't got to Boston, he's not particularly close to getting in, whether he deserves it or not. Playing in Milwaukee and Seattle without a title would be a tough sell.

Draft saved Draft deleted