1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New HOF debate: Boston Celtics' Big 3

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

All 3 in.

And to come to the defense of Pierce, he's a 10 time all star in 14 years, so he has been clearly in the league elite for a long time. And while Allen could shoot the lights out, Pierce could actually put his team on his back and carry them; Allen needed help.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

All three are locks...

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Garnett one of the best 15 players to ever play the game. Shoo-in.

Pierce is a career Celtic who won a title. Shoo-in

(they'll both have their numbers retired by the Celtics).

Allen . . . is Reggie Miller in? How long did it take?

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

All three are locks.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

"Garnett one of the best 15 players to ever play the game. Shoo-in."

blue font missing?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If I'm not mistaken, Reggie Miller got in on the first or second try.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Miller got in on the second try.

I find it hard to imagine that Allen, having beaten Miller's 3-point record, and with at least one championship and a much better relationship with Spike Lee in his pocket, doesn't get in on the first try.

8. cworsh4

cworsh4 Member

All are locks, IMO. Rondo won't be durable enough, I don't think, but obviously it's way too early to tell.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Garnett is one of the best defensive players of any era.

Pierce is a warrior, and certainly one of the 20 best small forwards ever. He's well down the list, but he's on it.

Ray Allen is a one dimensional player and the softest "star" of this era. He's never seen contact he couldn't avoid.

All three will get in, but they should put Allen's picture on the fringe of the exhibit so it doesn't accidentally get bumped by one of the better pictures and then spend the next 10 years making a sour face and wishing it could get some moisturizer for its frame.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

When did people start rewriting Kevin Garnett's resume to include Tough Guy?

Does no one else remember him getting punked by Anthony Peeler?

And I notice Garnett's affinity for pushing and staredowns has decreased immensely since they traded away Kendrick Perkins.

He may look tough, but Garnett is a total bitch. Always has been.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://www.stupidvideos.com/video/sports/Basketball_NBA_Fights_Peeler_vs_Garnett_20032004/#42506

I retract what I said about Garnett being top 15 all time. Maybe top 25.

Willing to say top 35 if someone has great video of him hitting himself in the chest like an idiot after the most innocuous of plays.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Garnett is definitely a fake tough guy, but he's still a great defensive player. I loathe the man, and would sort of love to see a Spurs/Celtics final just because it would be outstanding to see Duncan embarrass him one more time, but he's still one of the all-time great defensive players.

Draft saved Draft deleted