1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New hip's not too bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Im thinking hes referring to these guys

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I have an arthritic hip that I'm sure at some point will require replacement. At this point it is not a hindrance to anything I do and I can manage when needed with Advil, ect. Doctors I've spoken to have said to wait because the technology keeps getting better by the day.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Really amazed at how non-crippling the surgery has been. I could be walking right now if I really needed to -- no, I'm staying with the cane. And the only pain feels like strained-muscle soreness. These people did one hell of a job.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Are both of your legs the same length now?
    My mother-in-law had a hip replacement and when she recovered she felt off-balance. She went back to her surgeon, they tested and found the new side was three-fourths of an inch longer.
    Surgeon said, "Don't worry, when I do the other hip they'll be even again."
    Asshole.
    Anyway, for now whenever she gets a new pair of shoes, she has to go to a shoe repair place and get a three-quarter inch buildup on one shoe.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

My surgical leg is about one inch longer than the other one right now. My surgeon told me that should be fixed through settling of the bone structure as I heal. If I have any back pain or a limp, it can be remedied with the use of a lift inside the shoe.

Draft saved Draft deleted