1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New hip's not too bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Dec 16, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

With the percocet? Understandable.

On the serious, I hope the rehab goes as well as possible. And this just clears the way for you to get your Ed Bundy on.

[​IMG]

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Honest to God, I thought this was going to be about music.

Congratulations on the bionic hip. Is plastic bionic, or is that what the ceramic is for?

Good luck with rehab.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

Shotty, I hope they threw in those cool sound effects for when you're throwing 8 X 8 beams around.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Ed Bundy? :D

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My mom's had both hips done in the past year or so and my mother-in-law had both knees done.

For two women in their mid-60s the recovery was slow, but the results were great...

Best of luck man...

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

GODDAMMIT!

This puppy is ruining my logical thinking. Exhausted. Yeah, that's the ticket.

*facepalm*

7. Ha ha - Mizzou just called you an old woman!

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think the ceramic is actually polyurethane, so that would be the bionic part.

I think I figured some things out yesterday, vis a vis the best way to do things. I'm going to need to station myself in the family room and not think I need to navigate the 15 steps up to the bedroom. I can fall asleep there, or move out to the sun room and sleep on the recliner, which was actually pretty comfortable. Also, I can do my PT exercises on the futon in the sun room.

And I'm not using the walker to make my way around tight quarters in the house. I can definitely handle going with a cane on those short trips.

It's really intriguing to be suddenly thinking about such things that I just took for granted before.

A pretty apt comparison right now. ;)

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm just amazed you had a hip replaced...in outpatient surgery, home by 2.

Gotta love health care in America, circa 2011.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I read it too quickly at first, too. Read it again. Says he had surgery Wednesday, home by 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 16.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

You mean this?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know Chris is just fucking around, but I'm smart enough to know I'm going to have surgeries of this nature in my future, so I would make fun of no one who has to go through it.

Draft saved Draft deleted