1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Hampshire Primary Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think you nailed Az. The TSA is responsible for the downfall of the USA. Think of the hours of lost productivity standing in security lines.

2. The more proficient businessmen became at Brick Breaker or Angry Birds because of the TSA delays. The less proficient they became at business. So it began

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You also have to factor in the cost of broken and lost lap tops that are dropped or left in TSA
    cue.

Think of the poor businessmen who arrive at their destination to make a power point presentation only to realize that their lap top is back at their departure airport.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

First they came for the gels and I did not speak out because I did not travel with gel.

Then they came for the liquids and I did not speak out because I did not travel with liquids.

Then they came for the mousses and I did not speak out because I did not travel with mousse.

Then they came for the 4 oz. toothpastes and there was no one left to speak out for me.

5. The TSA basically killed the wingtip shoe business as everyone started wearing loafers because they are easier to take off in line.

6. Nice - compare the TSA to the Nazi.

Way to stay classy there

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A 3oz. limit on toothpaste anywhere is a jackboot on the throat of fresh breath everywhere. Jackboot!

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They lost a lot of their credibility with some of that bullshit equipment (ESPECIALLY the "blowers") which wasn't worth eight cents -- and everybody knew it, and knows it.

9. Thank goodness Obama signed TARP. http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/03/news/economy/house_friday_bailout/index.htm

In case it's not clear: President Bush, not President Obama, worked Congress and got TARP passed. People forget that the White House worked damn hard to sway skeptical Republican House members and Speaker Pelosi rounded up a bunch of skeptical Democrats in the House.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You'll get used to Boom once you've been around for a while.

He was making a point. It's a favorite of his.

11. YankeeFan

Ron Paul might turn out to be Romney's best ally.

No one thinks he can actually win, so it doesn't matter if he takes 20% in any primary or caucus.

But, he hammered Gingrich in Iowa, and he's gone after Santorum in New Hampshire.

Romney ought to send him a fruit basket.

12. YankeeFan

Also, should we be impressed by the way every challenger to Romney has been blown out of the water within weeks? Does Romney deserve some credit for doing it, and not leaving behind a lot of fingerprints, or do we chalk it all up to candidates who could not survive scrutiny?

If it's the former, does team Obama have anything to worry about?

Draft saved Draft deleted