1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Gmail Themes! Colors! Sunsets! Ninjas!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Nov 20, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I am getting nothing done today.

Gmail is rolling out all these new skins to jazz up the boring white page...hidden under Settings, then Themes.

All kinds of colors and scenes....and depending on the scene, it changes during the day. At noon the ocean scene is bright blue...by midnight, everything was dark purple. A little weird, but cool.

Right now trying the Zoozimps. I think they are watching me.

Anyone else messing around with these?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hahahah I thought about starting this thread last night. I'm on Zoozimps right now (i like them!) but I had candy earlier yesterday and it was like Hello Kitty threw up on my gmail page. I kind of liked it (my chat window was scalloped on the top).

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

thought you'd be buying helicopters and knives...

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Do any of you use the igoogle homepage? You can set these as your theme there, too.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I just noticed the colors, but I assumed it was because I just synched my Blackberry with Google Synch for the first time. I'll check it out!

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do Ninja!

It roolz!

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I missed the knives...I was online with Mrs Fields ordering a giant basket of Thanksgiving cookies for my brother, with the 'Heartfelt Condolences' ribbon on the basket.

Ijag, i tried the pink ice cream page, after an hour I started humming Backstreet Boys songs and decided to switch immediately to the black graffiti. Too harsh. I liked the beach but it makes the mail list a weird color. Sticking with the Zoozimps until one of them tries to steal my jewelry. What are they doing with those tools??

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I couldn't rock any of those at work. Shiny for me, thanks. Although it is interesting that the Trees theme is different depending on where you are.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Crap, I don't have the "themes" tab yet. I guess I'm stuck with my new, fancy blue border.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Whoa. The tree page does the local weather!! Sick!!

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Stormy, try logging off and logging back on. Zeke had the same problem last night, and it showed up once he logged back in.

21, I like pink. It's my one nod to my girlishness. I noticed the trees were different because Zeke said he had trees on, so I went to change it and it asked where I lived. :D

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, that's WAY cool. I was rocking that for a while last night.

Draft saved Draft deleted