1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New game: How the Yankees celebrated the pennant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterIrrelevant, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yeah, the Yankees' suffering has been agonizing. How did the fans survive those dark days?

Signed, the Royals, Padres, Expos/Nationals, Mariners, Reds, Pirates, Orioles, Rangers and Blue Jays.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mister Irrelevant celebrated the Yankees pennant by proving to be a jackass.

And 90% of the Yankees fans I know have no fucking class whatsoever.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Come on, the A-Rod one was good. And I giggled at the thought of Girardi rationing out the champagne.

4. McPoyle

McPoyle Guest

Agreed. Though I don't giggle. It was more of a guffaw; possibly even a chortle.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love a good chortle.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Fixed. :p

And, Mr. I? Ain't buyin' it. Rudy said something that didn't include the phrase "9/11"? No, sir.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

@spnited: 90 percent is a conservative estimate me thinks.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You forgot one:

Suzyn Waldman celebrated the Yankees pennant by screaming out Roger Clemens' name amid her tears.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In fairness, Nationals fans have nobody to blame but themselves. They knew what they were getting into when the Expos were moved there. Sorry, Moddy.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

John Sterling celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series by having Sunday night's clothes dry-cleaned. But then again, that bill was higher after Clemens' return.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No s**t. Not even to mention the multiple steroid survivors, the incredibly-entitled fan base makes it impossible to root for the Yankees here. Phils have done their part to merit impartial support -- this
    is the most likable good Phils team in anyone's lifetime -- much more likable
    than anything involving Pete Rose, or the
    redneck, racist-bile-spewing Dalton Gang
    of the '50s.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I'm rooting for a good series. I have tremendous respect for players on both teams--Jeter, Rivera, Teixeira, Sabathia, Posada, Ibanez, Rollins, etc. etc.

Both cities have insufferable, entitled sports fans. So just give me a classic 7-game series and let's start with the hot stove.

Draft saved Draft deleted