1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New game: How the Yankees celebrated the pennant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterIrrelevant, Oct 26, 2009.

1. MisterIrrelevant

MisterIrrelevant Active Member

I will not be celebrating the Yankees going back to the World Series but out of boredom/anger in a random IM, I came up with a game Yankee-haters can play. Enjoy.

A-Rod celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by copying what Derek Jeter did and hoping someone would believe it was a sincere reaction.

Derek Jeter celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by saying nothing interesting. His comments were later carved into stone by Yankee fans.

Mike Francesa celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by saying nothing interesting. He later had some interns carve his comments into stone.

Rudy Guiliani celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by holding a overblown press conference in which he said nothing interesting.

George Steinbrenner celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by spitting up his Gerber baby food ... and then peeing on himself. He didn't say anything.

Joe Girardi celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by looking for someone to hug a la the new Jimmy Valvano and then micromanaging the champagne distribution.

Kate Hudson celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by pretending to have giving herself a headache.

The empty seats behind the dugouts celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by remaining empty seats behind the dugouts.

Mike Lupica celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by turning in a 2001 column.

Old Yankee Stadium celebrated the Yankees going back to the World Series ... by raising prices for artifacts from its slow demolition.

Feel free to add.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

"By giving herself a headache."

That's fucking gold.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I don't have anything philosophically against Yankee-hating, but those are some lame attempts at humor.

4. dooley_womack1

And his 2,000th post. His last one was so long ago, none of his other 1,999 show up.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Take it easy on him, Dooley. Readers Digest is considering publishing two of his jokes.

6. dooley_womack1

If they end up in "Laughter: the Best Medicine," Reader's Digest could be sued for malpractice.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, in fairness, he does identify himself as irrelevant.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He must be a former joke writer for Bob Hope.

9. The Big Ragu

Bob Hope celebrated the Yankees pennant by leaving MisterIrrelevant all of his jokes in his will.

10. The Big Ragu

By the way. ... Sorry for being so harsh. Just in fun, Mr. I. Honest.

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I think those jokes are great[redsox fan/]

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Count me as a Yankee fan - they've suffered longer than the Phils and Angels), I like their fans, and their players (except for a couple) have class.

Draft saved Draft deleted