1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New FWAA president is mad as heck

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Yep. Other coaches started taking away their freshman after Saban did it at LSU. That would be a fine idea if every SEC signee hadn't done interviews every day during their senior seasons in high school.

The best part, though ... is that a few SEC coaches have also started talking about their "process."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You'd like to think they were copycats the other way: emulate the Miami-FSU-Virginia Tech model of media relations.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I loved that cover to the Bama media guide: Saban, walking towards the camera, in full game-face, with the headline, "The Process Begins."
    I posted sometime last year that it would have been a great media guide cover for the German military in 1939.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nick Saban was good at first ...

5. scribbler

scribbler Member

Ron: Just so you know, I was kidding. A gentle jab.

Carry on the good fight.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Surely you aren't suggesting that the Toledo Michigan State LSU Miami Dolphins Alabama coach went too far.

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Saban is the devil, but, as I think you point out, Bama's been Fort Knox for centuries. Even back to the days when the Choctaw tribes refused to talk to media leading up to the big games against the Chickasaws.

8. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Higgius Maximus in the house, and boys and girls, The Prez means what he sez.

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

He was?
    I didn't realize he was EVER good, which would put him one step below the man with the funny mustache.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Picky, picky.

11. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

What does Dave Wannstedt have to do with anything?

12. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

What are our chips at this bargaining table with the coaches and SIDs? Seriously. It kills me to say it, but I think our relevancy in the new-world media pecking order is diminished. I want us to fight the good fight, but what's our ammo? (Sorry for the mixed metaphors)

Draft saved Draft deleted