1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New forum software

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can you make the rules between posts thicker? Would add a little dimension between posts.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And the fonts. Do something about those. All of them. They're not large or small enough. You figure it out.

3. MankyJimy

MankyJimy Active Member

Did anyone else get trophies?

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nope. Just you, kid. Congrats!

Songbird likes this.
  5. Songbird

Jetes got a trophy. Honorary Captain of SJ, or something.

6. Songbird

BTW, along with the ability to embed YouTube videos, it would be cool to embed Soundclouds and things of that nature.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to think. Some things I like, some things I miss. Overall though, I am glad we have a very proactive, very technically capable, new owner.

MankyJimy likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Search doesn't seam to work, and if you search using google, the link doesn't work.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is a bit of a problem, especially if Google searches won't bring people here because they can help drive traffic.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused by the member designations. Is everybody either staff, a new member or an active member?

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok, two things I miss:

1) the Go Down links at the tops of threads

2) on the thread lists, I miss seeing the name of who was the latest person to post in each thread

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

There's a last message column on the far right that shows the last person who posted on a thread. At least on my laptop. Not sure what it looks like on the phone.

Draft saved Draft deleted