1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New flack at Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. vanbrimmer

vanbrimmer Member

Georgia Tech dismissed Allison George earlier this month. As someone who dealt with her on a daily basis, she will be missed. Most former and all current Georgia Tech beatwriters will say the same thing. I know many don't share that opinion, and that's fine. Buut with Allison, if you needed something, you called her, she always answered the phone or called back ASAP, and you got what you were looking for. She might ask Why?, but she's entitled to do that. I look forward to working with her replacement, and this is no knock on him, but I'd rather work with Allison.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Anybody else get the idea this is Radakovich's way of saying, "OK, the honeymoon's over. We're going to start doing things my way now"?

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I know Allison had a bad rep, but I never had any problem. She and especially Moose have always been accommodating.
    Is Moose sticking around?

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

moose is great

allison, well, vb, you and i have had much different experiences, to say the least. maybe she was fine for the beat hacks -- and hats off for taking care of them first -- but you can't take care of them only

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

while i thought a barnhart quote was odd, what i found more odd was that they referred to the jackets as a 'nationally-ranked football team'

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd take a sour SID who gets you what you want than a happy-go-luck, life-of-the-party guy who chats you up while he's leading you to a stool in the corner.

Not saying Dean is like that, but lots of flaks fall for people who will pal around with them and promise stuff that they never actually deliver.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dean has never been like that in my experience. Of course, neither had Allison.

8. I had an unpleasant experience with Allison George as well. She seemed unhappy at everything going on around her.

On the flip side, I really like Dan Radakovich. That guy came through for me on occasions of yesteryear.

9. Sammi

Sammi Member

Dean is a first-class pro... and if you buy the first Capt. Morgan's and Coke, he'll be your friend for life. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted