1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New flack at Georgia Tech

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 25, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Dean Buchan takes over athletic media relations in Atlanta ...

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/genrel/062507aaa.html

2. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

What happened to Stamus?

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

As a UGA grad and life-long Bulldog fan, may I say good luck to Buchan in dealing with a seventh consecutive loss to Georgia by the Jackets.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Dean's a very good guy, have dealt with him at many of his stops.
    Stamus was No. 2 there behind Allison George. They "flopped" positions after the resume flap of a few years ago.
    Is Allison still there?
    Is Stamus?

5. NCScrub

NCScrub Member

Nothing but good things to say about Dean and Wake's cooperation as a whole. Willing to give great access, and so many of the players (recently Eric Williams, Justin Gray, Ish Smith, to name a few) are great guys to interview. Two years ago Trent Strickland missed a reverse dunk on a fastbreak as Wake was making a run against Duke. After the miss, Redick makes a 3, and Duke goes on a 14-2 run.

Strickland comes in, answers questions politely and even says of his miss, ""I think that had the biggest effect on the game tonight. To be honest, I don't know what happened. I wish I could tell you what happened. I guess Air Strickland left the gym tonight, and he was in bed, I guess."

Even after bad losses, Wake's guys have been friendly, cooperative and even funny. They're often great after a big win. Because it's so consistent across the board, have to give some props to Dean.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Dean is a great man, I hear.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Dean is a very good guy. Congrats to him.

8. Moderator1

No one knows if anyone is leaving GT?

9. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

Maybe he can get me off that Sting mailing list.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

If Allison George left, I say congratulations to anyone who ever has to deal with Tech. Woman made the most routine question seem like she was asked to knock out her own teeth with a sledgehammer.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I get those, too. Must be a football or basketball writers assoc. thing.

12. Moderator1

You ever order tickets from GT? I bought my son some football tix and I can't get off that list for nothing.

Draft saved Draft deleted