1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Final Four weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Apr 5, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Stupid question: What cause is the NCAA backing with the "ribbons" on the court?

2. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Playing one-on-one is a tough way to win a final four game, Memphis.

Have they run a set play yet?

4. 93Devil

This is the song TIAA/CREF is using on their ads.

Shit, Toyota is selling huge SUVs with REM's Superman song.

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Considering how many offensive rebounds Memphis has, UCLA has to be feeling pretty good to be only down 3.

6. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

As a Bruins fan, I agree wholeheartedly.
    My big hope is that, with UCLA well within striking distance, Howland will make the better adjustments than Calipari, who I think is pretty overrated as an Xs and Os guy.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Agreed. I thought UCLA being within three at the half was a god sign for the Pac 10ers after the way Memphis ran up and down the court the first 20 mins.

8. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I know it might be premature, but UCLA just doesn't have it today. Collison looks overwhelmed and they're just dropping balls out of bounds or dribbling off their feet. A horrible representation of what, up until today, was a damn good team.

9. 93Devil

Still a lot of basketball left.

The still have the best player on the court, and Love is killing their big men.

10. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I agree, a lot of time left. But there's little things UCLA is (or isn't?) doing that tell me they're not going to come out on top. So many blown layups. And, when you just drop uncontested rebounds out of bounds, you don't deserve to win.
    Memphis is the better team and, I knew this before but it bears repeating: Derrick Rose is a fuckin stud.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'm not getting to watch, so I will ask this here: What is the deal with Darren Collison? He is 1-for-6 with two points and three fouls.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Damn, how did Dorsey blow that dunk?

And at what point will Howland start the hack-a-shaq, if at all?

Draft saved Draft deleted