1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

That's why my other leagues the drafts were yesterday.

2. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Bumgarner' injury was a freak accident. Could have easily happened on his first start of the year.

Bird, well, that was my mistake thinking he could be healthy for more than a few weeks.

Just felt like complaining. Carry on. ;).

3. cjericho

Any injury can happen at any time. The closer the draft is to the start of the season allows you to not draft guys hurt in the final weeks of spring
    training. Same with football, one league we always draft Wednesday, the night before the Thursday night opener. I know it's hard to organize a
    draft when everyone works different hours and has different commitments, was just saying there's more of a chance of drafting someone
    who gets hurt when the draft is earlier.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If we manage to have a second season of the league, I will target a date closer to opening day. That takes advance planning. I tossed this idea out there pretty early, but it was late in the process when people actually started signing up.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The early draft was fine. We're all in the same boat. Besides injuries, Ohtani was drafted way earlier than he would have been yesterday.

6. cjericho

I know it's hard to run a league, didn't want to make it like I was bitching. Just prefer doing it as close to the season as possible.

7. outofplace

Oh, I didn't take it as bitching. It is something I would like to do better in year two. I agree with MTM's take, but I also prefer drafts closer to the start of the season when possible.

cjericho likes this.
  8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

Add Sal Perez to the list.

9. outofplace

I didn't want to point this out until/unless somebody picked him up, but Songbird put aside his love for Happ and cut him!?!

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Perform or GTFO.

11. outofplace

I get that. I considered the same with Conforto, but it's early and the very large lead makes it a little easier to be patient.

Huggy likes this.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am busting my fucking ass here in a tie for second!

Draft saved Draft deleted