1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the quick reversal in position. I've heard from a couple of owners on this, including one on the league message board. After further consideration, I think it is unfair to keep the NA spot. We didn't agree to it before the draft and most of the league didn't know it was there. I am certainly willing to add it for future seasons, but I don't think it is fair to do it this way. Owners who knew about it got a jump on adding players and that's not right.

I posted this on the league site. Please do not add players to your roster using the NA spot. I am cutting the player I added and I'm asking Sterling, Tet, and Trashtros to cut a player to get back to a legal roster by tomorrow. I will eliminate the NA slot tomorrow.

My apologies for any frustration or confusion this may have caused.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kyle Seager just spent an hour and 17 minutes on my roster. I hope this counts as service time for his pension.

outofplace likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As for my team and the draft, I think there’s some potential, but it hinges right now on how my four young pitchers at the end of the draft turn out. If they all suck, I’m going to be scrambling. If some of them turn out great. I’ll do well.

My hitters are pretty good, except for the monster hole at second base (Villar, sigh) and I’m looking forward to seeing if Arozaena becomes a stud hitter. I don’t know if I have a winning team, but I hope it’s competitive.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

All good.

outofplace likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I would love to see a three-round minors draft after the MLB draft.

6. outofplace

I would be game, but I'm not sure we have 12 owners that committed to a free league. My preference would be to include minor league slots in the regular draft, but a mid-season draft could add some interest for teams that aren't very good.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’d be cool with it.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Same here

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't understand what you mean.

10. outofplace

Staying on top of minor leaguers takes a different level of commitment. If we make a change mid-season, everybody would have to be on board. If not, we could always make that a change for 2022.

Also, there is no mechanism for this on Yahoo. This would have to be an offline draft, probably a slow one. (By email or message board.)

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Maybe add three minors spots to the 2022 draft?

12. outofplace

That might be the better option. That way people know what they are getting into ahead of time.

Huggy and bigpern23 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted