1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Head to Head is so much better. Always gotta be doing the derp.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There was a vote. Points won, so points it is.

As I posted, your active players accumulate points in the categories listed. So if your pitcher wins a game, you get five points for that win. If he gives up an earned run, you lose half a point.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    John B. Foster likes this.
  3. Songbird

Verlander is nasty tonight .

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

So a player who gets 4 hits, including doubles and triples has the same game score as a pinch runner stealing second? Walks don't matter? I thought this had been there the whole time, and it was my fault for not checking.This is not a good system. All that matters are HR hitters. Each solo HR is 8.5 points, it would take 17 doubles to match it. Many of those who voted points meant rotisserie. If we're going to do points, do it in a way that values the normal 5x5 or 6x6 categories.

5. outofplace

Those are the settings available for a free league. I can change it to rotisserie or head-to-head, but I can't change the scoring setting for points.

Hell, I thought it was rotisserie. I wrote that on the league message board and nobody asked me to change until a few hours before the draft. I can still change it to rotisserie easily enough if that's what y'all want.

Edit: Actually, I'll just make the command decision since I posted about this days ago and people waited until draft day to ask about it. Hopefully, nobody has a huge problem with rotisserie. I like that better, anyway.

It's close to traditional 5X5, but with OPS instead of batting average because we're all too advanced to choose batting average over OPS.

(So much for everybody's sense of adventure!):D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Count me among those who thought points meant rotisserie, I looked at the settings and had no fucking idea what was going on.

7. outofplace

My apologies for the confusion. It has been fixed. We are set for a rotisserie-scoring draft at 2 p.m. today. The offensive categories are runs, home runs, RBI, stolen bases and OPS. The pitching categories are wins, saves, strikeouts, ERA and WHIP.

I tried a little too hard to be flexible here and it caused confusion. Hopefully this works and if we try this again for next season, the rules will be discussed and set much earlier in the process.

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

It's still early. I'm in three leagues and the earliest of those drafts is next Sunday. Opening Day is still three weeks away.

9. Songbird

H2H is better.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It's cool, I had never heard of a points format like that, figured it was either head-to-head or roto. I zigged when I shoulda zagged too.

See ya @ 2!

11. Songbird

H2H makes owners who really want to win pay attention and make moves every day.

Points-only leads to lazy owners.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Make moves every day? It's daily or weekly lineups?

Draft saved Draft deleted