1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think we should change anything, either. I made this clearer in the chat on the league site. I just want to hear people out.

Full disclosure: Part of this was inspired by the commissioner of my money league. He puts a ton of work in and I respect that, but for some idiotic reason, he banned trading during the regular season as part of a series of rule changes for this season. He still hasn't explained why after I and one other owner asked. He posted about it before the season, but what he wrote was so unclear that half of the league didn't realize what he was doing. Now he claims it takes a unanimous vote of the entire league to change the rules, except the league has a charter and that regulation is nowhere to be found.

Banning trades is a terrible idea any time, especially now when people are already tempted to blow off this mess of a season. (To be clear, this has nothing to do with our league. I'm just mentioning what got me to reach out. I don't want to be like my money league commissioner.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sorry, guys the NHL qualifiers have kept me very busy for the past week but I am favour of no changes

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm OK either way

4. outofplace

Seems to me as if we are going to go ahead with the rules we agreed upon before the draft. I just wanted to give people a chance to speak up if they had a strong opinion otherwise.

5. outofplace

Giving this a bump because we need to confirm if everyone is returning soon. Please confirm either way. I want to make sure we can go ahead with keepers as planned and start working dates for keepers to be due and the 2021 draft.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Porky Puig will be back

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Houston Trashtros will return.

8. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Sterling Silver in

9. outofplace

Thanks for including the team names in the responses. I forgot to ask about that. Of course, the Tampico Stogies will return.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Janitors of Anarchy are back in!

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

H to the Rizzo will return.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Magnify Yanks will be back

Draft saved Draft deleted