1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I just tried sending you a PM. Let me know if you got it.

I should be able to make the draft, unless spontaneous family obligations crop up. 7:30 is EST, correct?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is correct. I got your pm and replied.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Oop, I’m still getting messages from Yahoo for some odd reason.

And technically, with the time change coming up, it’s 7:30 EDT, not EST.

(I know what everyone meant.)

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That problem is solved pretty easily by slotting them two rounds ahead of where they are drafted. There’s no bubble when players can be kept anywhere from round 3 to 25.

5. outofplace

I hadn't transferred the teams to the new owners yet. I took care of that this morning. You shouldn't be getting league emails any longer.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. outofplace

The top pick in a draft doesn't always mean much. It depends on the format. I used to be in a league with 14 keeper spots for each of the 10 teams, so the top pick was the 141st off the board.

The top pick in my money league reserve draft this year was Adley Rutchsman, a catching prospect with the Orioles. In a league like ours, nobody would even consider him, but he was a decent pick in one with five minor league spots. That draft is for our 10-man reserve list only. We fill our starting lineups with an auction. The next two picks were C.J. Cron and Domingo Santana.

With a format that makes it impossible to keep first-round picks, our top pick next year would likely be Mike Trout or one of the other top players in the game.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Do we know our draft order ahead of time?

8. outofplace

No. Yahoo sets the order when the draft room opens not long before the draft begins.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The expansion Houston Trashtros have signed up. I’m welcome to suggestions for a better name.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What did Yahoo give you?

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The Barren Asstros ... or AssBros ... or AssTrolls.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Bang the trash can slowly

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted