1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just checked. We can set a maximum number of moves per week if that is the way the league wants to go. I don't think that is unreasonable. I lean toward having some limit, but I don't have a strong feeling either way. We can certainly put it to a vote, but only confirmed league members would be able to vote.

I posted to the league message board and sent an email through the site to remind everybody we need to know who is coming back and who is not. For those that didn't see the email. I set a soft deadline of Feb. 25 to confirm. Owners who have not confirmed they will return by that date are absolutely still welcome to stay, but I will start looking for replacements that day.

2. outofplace

It would have to be a small number of keepers, with the number possibly going up next season. I kept the door open by uploading last season's rosters, but I still think our best call is starting fresh this season and adding keepers for 2021. I actually tend to like more keepers, perhaps five instead of three, but that's a detail the league can work out. Heck, I was in a league that allowed 14 keepers each season for a long time.

3. HoopsterG

HoopsterG Member

Ray Of Hope plans to be back -- I'm game. I wouldn't mind three keepers. Though I get the whole starting fresh idea.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Keepers from our current rosters at the end of '19? Or from this year's team going into '21?

I'll say this about streaming: if you want this to be a league where owners are active, don't handcuff owners who are active.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Is there a function where owners cannot make any moves once their team is eliminated from the championship playoffs?

Streaming didn't seem to be an issue until some owners went hard to the end trying to win their consolation matches and those in the title match felt they should have first dibs on the waiver wire.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OOP, can you send me an invite to the league? For some reason, it doesn't come up among my leagues on Yahoo.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

OOP, if you need another, send something in a DM here.

8. outofplace

I don't know how to do that through the site, but I would hope we all could follow a rule like that if we agree on it.

9. outofplace

Welcome back. That's eight.

10. outofplace

Will do. If we have openings, I'll be reaching out after the Feb. 25 deadline.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And then treated their fellow owners like shit while they bitched and moaned.

Yep - that’s the crux. You want that kind of personality and unsportsmanlike person in your league? Fun, fun.

12. outofplace

I tolerate a certain amount of crustiness because that tends to come with the package in a league that has owners who care about winning. This is why it is important to sort out matters like this one before the season. If there is a rule in place, it's a lot harder to argue. It is when there is no rule, like what we had last season, that people tend to get bitchy.

While I'm posting, as an update, we're up to nine confirmations for 2020. The Nationalists will also be returning.

Draft saved Draft deleted