1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Lol the season will be over before our league begins.

bigpern23 likes this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To keep us occupied as we wait, here is an image of Songbird playing his usual role this season. Of course, if it is anything like last year, this will be as much about his team as anything.
    [​IMG]

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I denounce this.

4. outofplace

The late start? I denounce that, too. Thank Yahoo for that one.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I like Yahoo, and it's fine for standard redraft or even keeper leagues. But we hooked on with a site called Fantrax for our dynasty league this year and it's pretty great. Super customizable, with just about every option you can think of and many you might not have thought of. The chat function sucks compared to Yahoo, but that's about its only flaw.

Yahoo can be a bit inflexible, as we see here. It took me until Monday to realize I was wasting my time setting the roster. :D

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I denounce you.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I feel like I've finally made it here at SJ. I've been denounced.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. outofplace

I'm on Fantrax in another league. If we go for a year three, I'll speak with that commish about setup and see about possibly moving Addicts there.

The ads are a little annoying and some functionality is a bit clunky, but the flexibility is probably worth it.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I only have two baseball leagues - both in Yahoo. It's really nice to have to go to one site to check all my leagues.

Also: My other league's commish managed to get it set up right, and we've already started ;)

10. outofplace

When did the other one draft? The issue was related to the draft date.

11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Two days after ours.

12. outofplace

Shrugs. No idea what they did differently. When I tried the drop-down menu for us a few days before the draft and again on draft day, it wouldn't allow me to select April 1 as the start date.

It may be a moot point if the league does go for a year three. Fantrax is looking like a better option.

Draft saved Draft deleted