1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I am good with us.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The only problem with six with two byes is that ends the regular season a little earlier for six teams. We have 12 teams.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I like playoffs with H2H, even though it changes how rosters are used from the regular season

4. outofplace

Keep the opinions coming. Is anybody strongly against playoffs? Honestly, if no playoffs wasn't the default on Yahoo, I'd have gone with a post-season from the start.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Six playoff spots, two byes, 22-week regular season and everyone plays every other team twice.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Playoffs.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I agree on playoffs.either 6 with 2 byes or just top 4.

8. outofplace

I put it in that way just to see what it would look like. If we go with six teams and the championship ending Sept. 22, we would only have a 21-week regular season. No way should we have the final week of the MLB season be the championship. players sit enough in September, but it's even worse in the final week.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I've been in a few leagues that do it that way and it hasn't been a huge detriment (even in the points leagues), but I understand the sentiment.

I'd say it's better to have six spots, a 21-week regular season and everybody misses one team the second time around. Particularly in a redraft league, it'll hopefully keep more teams in the hunt longer than if we just have four playoff spots.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Songbird

Can we please have a different tie-breaker?

Pick a random category and let that be the tie-breaker, something that actually matters.

I lost in the other championship H2H 2 years ago because of regular season matchup, which was stupid.

There are 10 categories. Pick one of them for championship week and let that be the tie-breaker.

Higher seed? What's the point of even having a playoffs if you're going to determine the winner that way?

11. outofplace

The point is there should be value in finishing higher during the regular season. It makes a lot more sense than choosing a random category. It's about rewarding the best team. The team with the lower seed still has the opportunity to advance, so there is absolutely a point to having playoffs with that tiebreaker.

I've got no problem leaving it six teams with a 21-week regular season.

12. Songbird

I'm saying the championship week should have a real tie-breaker instead of regular season results.

This isn't Premier League footie, this is real American baseball with real American baseball playoff tie-breakers.

Any category ... but let it be something that actually happened during championship week.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted