1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Picking up on Songbird's point in the general thread, isn't this an awfully long wait time for trades to kick in?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The two-day trade review period is the default. People didn't want commissioner approval, so this was the alternative.

3. outofplace

Bumped because I'd like people to check the new discussion thread. If the issue raised there is correct, I'd like to know about it.

4. outofplace

Just a reminder that our league has a thread here. We also have a message board on the league site. It would be great if people brought their discussions of the league to one of those two places. Thanks guys.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

And suddenly we have a race. With three days to go, three teams are within .5 for first place and two more just three points behind (as of 8 p.m. PDT).

The lesson is, never give up. It wasn't that long ago that I (Porky Puig) was buried in a race for third and now I'm sharing first.

Good luck this weekend.

6. outofplace

Good luck to you as well. (Well, maybe not too much good luck.)

For those paying attention, this was developing for a while. Maybe I noticed more because mine was one of the teams at the top fading back to the rest of the pack.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Indeed, my Janitors of Anarchy were second, and occasionally first, for so much of this season, all of a sudden business is picking up! Good luck to all this weekend!

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Definitely an exciting finish. I pm'd Mr Vomb about a month ago and thought it would be between Janitors and
    Stogies for 1st and a 3-way battle for 3rd. Seemed Janitors and Stogies were over 100 all year and 3 or 4 teams were between 75-85.
    My Magnify Yanks probably will still be 3-5, but 1st to 5th is less than 10 points, that's pretty tight.
    This league was very good, only thing I like better in my other daily league is no 1-day wait when picking someone up to put
    him in the lineup. But I like the ops, which we don't have in my other daily.

9. outofplace

Glad you enjoyed it. I'd enjoy it myself a bit more if my team hadn't stumbled the last few weeks. It looks like I'm going to finish third after being in the top two all season.

I'm game for a second year if y'all want to play again. I'm open to some changes in the rules if that's what the majority wants, but honestly, what we had worked out fine.

It would be great if everybody could either confirm their intent to return or let me know if they don't want to stay in for 2019. However it turns out, thanks to all of you for playing.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

if the rules are the same that is fine. prefer immediate pickups, but can deal with a 1-day wait.
    would like to do it again in 19.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'll return. League good as it is.

Are our max innings too high? I've been streaming pitchers for a month and I'm still way under the max. I clicked on a few random teams and everyone is well below.

12. outofplace

Thanks for pointing that out. We may need to lower the max innings. I'd also like to discuss raising the max games for hitters. I'm not a fan of having teams run out. If you can manage to field a full lineup more often than not, I'm not sure that should be penalized. Of course, I'd like to hear what others think, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted