1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fall TV Season: What looks good here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Sep 10, 2008.

1. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Agreed. Watched it with my 10th-grade son. Kind of uncomfortable watching parts of it with him, not that HE was shocked or anything.
    Kind of a "Sopranos" vibe -- you pull for the "bad guys" to get away from the cops, etc., while hoping they don't do anything so horrible you can't root for them anymore. I never really watched "The Wire" but I guess it was like that, too.
    In this series, they make that dynamic very clearcut, maybe too much so, by having the blond leading man guy constantly strive to limit the carnage.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The axe in the head was a nice touch on Sons of Anarchy. And I loved Katy Sagal's line "this room smells - like dirty socks and (kitten)."

3. Cool visual. But that whole scene seemed tacked on and unnecessary, as if saying "look how we're pushing the envelope!"

I do enjoy the show as a whole through two episodes.

Fringe has promise.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Since you guys brought it up -- no legal consequences whatsover from the axe-in-the-head convenience store thing? Nobody arrested for the assault that led to the clerk doing that, nobody questioned, just "darn, how about that?" and on with the day?
    They also like to "shock" with the n-word a little too much for my tastes. But I'm still watching.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Fringe is great.

I've seen the first episodes of The Mentalist and Life on Mars and both are very, very good as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted