1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fall TV Season: What looks good here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Sep 10, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I actually liked Hyperion Bay before they brought in Carmen Electra and turned it into a soap opera. But I disagree with Raising the Bar. If you were old enough to see L.A. Law, you've already seen this show.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

He was very good on NYPD Blue.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Read a book.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Haven't heard of that one. What network is it on?

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

When Richard Price writes a new one, I will.

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I think Raising the Bar is kinda disappointing and one-dimensional for Bochco.
    I wasn't interested in Sons of Anarchy, but I watched the first one and had to admit I liked it. There were some real implausibilities, but Katey Sagal as a Lady MacBeth-like biker chick kept my interest. And I'll almost always watch Ron Perelman.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Wasn't Slater on a show about bike cops in California, the name escapes me now.

BP some of the TNT shows are a little disappointing. They canceled one called Wanted that was actually pretty good.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Pushing Daisies is coming back. That's all I care about.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Life on Mars

BBC series of the same name was awesome. They released a horrible pilot of this a few months ago and have since retooled it with bigtime talent. If the writing is in the same ballpark as the Brit version, it's going to rule the 10 p.m. Thursday time slot for ABC.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Watched "Fringe" last night. I liked it. Had a lot of promise and the leads were very, very good...

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just caught the second episode of Sons of Anarchy. It's creator is Kurt Sutter, a writer from the Shield (he also played the Armenian badass offed a few season back). The second episode more clearly lays out the shows dynamics. It's a little bit of the Shield, with a little bit of The Riches thrown in. Some truly twisted crap on this show.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Watched "Do Not Disturb" last night.

Epic suck. Just God-freaking awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted