1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Faces in Old Familar Places?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So been a bit busy as of late and haven't been around these parts much, but as I checked in recently I saw we had quite a number of new posters hitting the SportsJournalists.com threads. Any particular incident that caused the uptick? Was the site outed somewhere again? Or maybe it's just a full moon. In any event, welcome to our new contributors (provided of course that you exhibit the proper decorum).

Reminds me a bit of how it used to be signing on in the morning and seeing the havoc the old night crew used to unleash. You're never sure what you'd find.

Only now there's much fewer beer bottles to clean up.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Lots of sock puppets, we think

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Either that, or people who have defected are making their way back.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

That's where many of the sock puppets are coming from.
    And most likely running back to the "kinder, gentler" place and reporting on what goes on here.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Just a lower class of loser.

Those beer bottles used to be good beer; now they're just Bud Light Lime and Coors. :(

6. Captain_Kirk

Um, shouldn't that be looser?

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's not as bad as it could be. When all that's left is Pabst Blue Ribbon and Natural Light, that's when the party's over.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

PBR is pretty good summer beer. I'll take it any day of the week, over BL, Natty and Coors Light.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That would explain all the empty Hamm's cans in my parking space at the SJ lot. Can we get an extra day of housekeeping around here, at least during the Olympics??

10. Captain_Kirk

Coors Light is the bottom of my beer chain.

Someone had a great line on here asking if Coors Light was beer flavored water or water flavored beer.

11. Captain_Kirk

Wow, parking space. Nice. How exactly does someone rate one of those?

Don't think we can afford the extra cleaning day since we had to fork out for the Hazmat suits for the cleaning crew.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Actually, I think it was reserved for the First Non-Management Guy to Register at SJ. No one ever claimed it, so I just park there. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted