1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New evening daily in Nova Scotia

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double J, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Didn't New Glasgow go to morning a few years ago, too?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I thought the Canadian Maritimes was the most liberal part of Canada.

As for my knowledge of Nova Scotia, all of it comes from Hurricane Juan coverage and For Better or For Worse when the eldest kid and Weed went there to do a story on some family.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The Maritimes have always leaned towards the Liberals because it's always been a high unemployment part of the country and a lot of people (particularly seasonal workers like fishermen) depended on Ottawa for social services i.e. money.

I just got back from Nova Scotia and I'd move there in a heartbeat--if there were any jobs.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So more like inner-city D.C. liberalism than Massachusetts or Minnesota liberalism?

5. Flash

Flash Guest

No, like big L Liberals. Although it has gone Conservative in a flood at times, too. Bill Gillis was the Liberal MP in my riding for the longest time. Then Peter McKay came along and everything turned blue.

6. I seem to have taken the wrong exit off the expressway to halifax and landed in Grudgeland.
    Help.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

It is a much easier drive now that most of the TCH through Nouvelle Ecosse is twinned.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted