1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New entry for worst film of all time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NoOneLikesUs, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

On Her Majesties Secret Service is sort of a Christmas James Bond flick.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Christmas Vacation isn't as good as Vacation.

Jingle All The Way was a stretch, I admit.

Fuck you; Home Alone and Home Alone 2 are terrific.

I refuse to watch Love, Actually unless I'm getting laid afterward.

And we both know the odds of that.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was forced to watch Love, Actually by a girlfriend.

I came away actually liking it. Hmph.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I like that movie. No one forced me to watch it. I don't even feel like I have to apologize for liking it. I guess the sheepishness is that it's chick flick kind of stuff, but it is a smart movie. First, the characters were really engaging and the storylines were fun. There is a lot jammed into that movie and it never lost me. ... well, maybe the Colin Firth with the woman who can't speak English thing. But the scene with Hugh Grant dancing to the Pointer Sisters is really memorable and the rest of the film does a good job at pulling at your heart strings without going too over the top and silly the way a lot of romantic comedies do. I really like that film.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

YG cries like he's giving birth whenever we watch Love, Actually.

And the Keira Knightley love triangle stuff is what kills me. The look on the unrequited love guy's face when she figures out he's in love with her...sigh....and when he walks away at the end of the movie murmuring "enough, enough now." Heartbreaking.

And all the stuff with Colin Firth and Aurelia (I think that was her name)...vaginally magical.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Verse, nothing will ever top the Best Comedian Working Today list, but you have taken a novel attempt at unseeding it.

Elf is way too low, and not having Chuck Brown in the top five is like keeping Brady off the greatest QBs ever list or sticking him behind Warren Moon.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. The unrequited love guy doing the cards is a great scene, too.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Sounds like a job for the Queen Mother of swear words. The F-dash-dash-dash-word.

9. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I was laid up post-appendectomy a few years ago and watched Love, Actually on a cornucopia of painkillers.
    And I remember liking the movie very much.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A Charlie Brown Christmas deserves its spot. Those top five movies are great.

And I don't care for Will Ferrell. Elf came out the same year as Bad Santa, and I couldn't figure out how it had so much more praise.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I prefer to screen the Robert Goulet Cajun Christmas Special, along with The Night the Reindeer Died.

IBC ... Yule Love It!

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Star Wars Christmas Special is conspicuous by its absence from Versatile's list.

Draft saved Draft deleted